COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This site is owned and operated by Graybar Electric Co. (“Graybar”). Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Graybar, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. Graybar will only collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, when it is voluntarily submitted to us at this website. This statement discloses the privacy practices of Graybar. By using the Graybar website, the user agrees, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time so please check back periodically.
This site is restricted to users from the United States and those not governed by Privacy Policies of European Union. Users from other countries are advised not to disclose personally identifiable information to Graybar, because the protection of their information will be under US law and different from the law of their home country.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY GRAYBAR
If you do nothing during your visits but browse throughout Graybar’s website, read pages, or download information, Graybar will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. Graybar will automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
- The date and time you access our website;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address to that website.
No personally identifiable information is available in this process. Graybar does not acquire any more information about you than that information that is either required by law or is otherwise necessary to provide a high level of service efficiently and securely; and Graybar does not retain any such information longer than is necessary to meet these objectives.
IF YOU SEND GRAYBAR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose to provide Graybar with personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address, Graybar uses that information only for the purposes you have authorized. While Graybar may be required by law to maintain certain documents in accordance with Missouri's records retention policies, Graybar does not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you.
USE OF INFORMATION
Graybar may use contact information provided by the user to reply to the user and send information to the user. Graybar does not intend to reveal personally identifiable information to third parties, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public. Graybar will provide aggregated information received from users to third parties. Graybar takes commercially reasonable precautions to prevent the aggregated information provided to third parties from including significant personally identifiable information.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Graybar uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help us to better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. Graybar will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We make privacy-sensitive information subject to rigorous procedural and technological controls, consistent with legal requirements and the demands of customer service.
If you use a Graybar website, you have the following choices:
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain Graybar offers or website features.
- You can add or update certain information that you send to Graybar. When you update information, Graybar usually retains a copy of the prior version for our records but such prior information will no longer be used.
- You always have the right to (a) opt out of receiving communications from Graybar; and (b) opt out of further disclosures of your personally identifiable information to third parties. To do so, please complete the Contact Us page on this website or call us toll free at 1-800-GRAYBAR (472-9227) to opt out.